Football Receiver Drill - Firing Squad
Football Receiver Concentration Drills
This football drill will focus on improving receiver concentration of picking the ball up in the air with some distraction.
- The receiver should stand in front of the coach with his back to the coach, but facing a lineup of Quarterbacks.
- Each QB should have a ball.
- The coach starts the drill by pointing to a QB to designate that QB as the thrower. The receiver should not know which QB he points to.
- The coach will say "Ready" which should alert the QB's to cock their arms.
- On the "GO" command, each of the QB's should go through the throwing motion, however, only the QB that the coach pointed to should actually throw the football.
- The Receiver should catch the ball and throw it back to the QB that threw the ball and the drill should start over.
- Let each receiver catch six to eight footballs before rotating receivers.
- This football receiving drill will focus on concentration and watching the ball into the receivers hands.