Football Warm-up Drill
Football warm up drill, warmup, warm-up drills
This football drill is a great warm-up drill to do at the beginning of practice. This football warm-up drill will help players get loose and warmed up while improving their agility and footwork.
On the coaches command the players should:
- Place the cones in a 15 yard square.
- Line up the players at one corner of the square.
- Sprint to the First Cone
- Side-step to the Second Cone
- Backpedal to the Third Cone
- Sprint back to the beginning of the line
The coach should then throw a football to each player as they finish the drill. Repeat the drill in the other direction and make sure each players gets an equal turn.
- This football warm-up drill is mainly to warm-up, so make sure the players are constantly moving and that the drill is dynamic.
- Make sure players are balanced and low to the ground as they are running.
- Footwork is quick and consistent
- Change of direction is quick.