Football QB Center Exchange Relay
Football QB Center Exchange, Quarterback exchange
This football drill is a great way to develop proper snapping techniques and focuses on the exchange from the center to the quarterback.
- Set up a 20X20 yard grid and place 4 cones in the middle of the grid approximately 4 yards apart.
- Divide the team into two even groups.
- Evenly divide each team into two groups at each end of the grid.
- This drill is a relay race.
- To begin the race, player 1 is the Quarterback and player 2 is the Center.
- Player 2 snaps the ball directly to player 1.
- Player 2 stands still while player 1 runs to the next cone.
- Now player 1 snaps the ball to player 2 and so on until the course is completed.
- The race is over once each participant gets a turn.
- To spice up the race, work on shotgun snaps.
- Make sure there is a clean exchange on the snap.